Are you a programmer? Do you know how to work well with PHP, MySQL and distributed database servers? Do you love deviantART? Do you know how to work with linux?
And most importantly: Would you enjoy being a member of the coolest IT development team on this planet?
If so, we've got good news for you. We're looking for skilled IT developers to expand deviantART's programming team. If you want to contribute to the largest art community in the world, work with other people that share your interests, develop large massively scalable web applications used by thousands of people every second
, and get some free deviantWEAR
, then you're on the right track.
What we're looking for:
- People with previous experience on the field (self-taught perfectly acceptable, although MS/BS/PhD is cool too).
- Expertise with PHP and other server technologies.
- Developers who know how to work with SQL in distributed systems.
- Excitement for solving challenging problems.
- A preference for vi over emacs.
- Knowing how and when to have fun!
- Being at least 18 years old so that you can fix mature-content-related bugs
What we're offering:
- A $dollar symbol.
- Being part of a team that you can consult for any of your programming needs at any time.
- Being able to say "I work for dA".
- A free cookie for every bug you fix (if we meet in real life, you're literally going to get those).
- Access to innovative technologies, and to some of the most pioneering coding techniques in the industry.
- More benefits that you can read about below.
(notice that this is a full time paid job, not a volunteer job)
You can work from Los Angeles, or from anywhere else you want (providing it has Internet).
Feeling adventurous? You can optionally solve this riddle
for an extra bonus before you apply (or just send us some code examples -- or both!). For more details, just read the job description
Good luck, and we're hoping to have you aboard soon!